Q. How do you arrive at a price for washing my deck, fence, gazebo, driveway, etc.?
THE FIRST QUESTION YOU SHOULD ASK AND DEMAND PROOF OF, IS HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST?
A BARGAIN PRICED JOB WHICH HAS TURNED GREY OR IS PEELING AND CHIPPING IN TWO YEARS IS NO BARGAIN.
WHEN COMPARING PRICES, THE MOST IMPORTANT CALCULATION IS HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO MAINTAIN MY DECK OR FENCE PER YEAR? When you do this, you will consistently find us the least expensive.
Please read our FAQ's then compare our estimate to others. "Apples to apples, oranges to oranges, ReadySeal to others applying ReadySeal "skin deep", and us applying ReadySeal "to capacity" to achieve a duration of the stain of as much as 4-6 years".
The average national price for washing, staining and sealing decks according to a national pressure washing association is $3.00 per square foot for the TOTAL TOPSIDE FLAT surfaces of the deck, rail cap boards, and steps. All rail spindles, arbors, benches and privacy dividers are included in our estimates. Also included in our estimates are all supporting posts and major support beams, AS WELL AS the washing of your home siding in the specific area of your deck, up to about the 8 foot high level. IF IT IS OLDER OXIDIZED ALUMINUM SIDING, THEN WE DO NOT WASH IT.
There is such a wide variety of configurations of decks, fences, gazebos, etc., it is impossible for us to use a standard price for all situations.
However, we can provide the following ranges per square foot of total flat topside surface area of your deck, rails, and steps:
Single Family Dwelling. Single level deck at more-or-less ground level, without watering systems, planters, no vegetation up close to the deck to interfere with our work, etc. NO OLD STAIN TO BE REMOVED.
Wood in reasonable condition
$2.50 per square foot and up.
If there are previously applied stains to be removed, $3.50 per square foot and up, depending on the brand of stains to be removed.
Townhouse deck inaccessible by ground, only by ladder, with minimal clearance between your deck and your neighbor's deck, assuming your neighbors have decks on both sides which must be be protected from overspray. Cleared of leaves,watering systems,planters, etc. NO OLD STAIN TO BE REMOVED.
Wood in reasonable condition. No arbors or lattice involved, and minimal pavers, storage sheds, etc. beneath the deck to be protected.
$4.00 per square foot and up.
If there are previously applied stains to be removed, $5.00 per square foot and up, depending on the brand of stains to be removed.
* We can work around larger pieces of patio furniture by putting it all in one corner and working our way across your deck.
Fences: Estimates for fences depends on the type of fence and the amount of vegetation close to the fence and are based on linear feet. A fence that is solid boards placed tight together is much less expensive than a fence where every other board is on one side of the fence. Your neighbor's property is always protected from stain overspray. Our treatment of both sides of your fence will easily give your fence a duration of 6-8 years before it may need to be washed again, depending on your proximity to a hydrocarbon source.
Q. How do you arrive at a price for washing my home?
Our prices range from as low as $90.00 for one side of a very small home, up.
Several criteria determine our prices:
- Size of home
- Location of home: hill or flat
- Type and age of siding
- Vinyl is the least expensive
- Aluminum is slightly more expensive
- Cedar, redwood and other exotic softwoods are more expensive
- Type of contaminants on the siding
- Algae and dust are the easiest to remove
- Spent hydrocarbons are the residuals of burned fuel and can be difficult to break loose requiring lots of detergent and time.
- Worst are tree resins which can require strong detergents, high pressure, and lots of elbow grease.
- What is around your home, such as planters, trees close to the house, delicate vegetation, which must be protected, stair wells, etc.
- Level of danger involved:
- What qualifies as dangerous:
- Anything unreachable from the ground with a 12 foot step ladder.
- Presence of power lines
- Dormers on steep pitched roofs
- Steep hills for ladder setting
- Any roof which is steep, upon which you have to stand to wash an upper wall surface
- Presence of mold and moss on steep roofs...extremely slippery when dry and suicide when wet
Q. How do you arrive at a price for painting my home?
Many of the same criteria as we use for decks and homes.
This is why we must come to your home to do a personal appraisal for the work you want done.